You are cordially invited to submit a contribution to “Collective Behaviors and
Networks”, a one-day satellite event of the 2013 European Conference on Complex
Systems (ECCS’13), to be held in Barcelona, September 19, 2013.
Goal of this workshop is to provide a discussion venue about advances in the
study of networks applied to the dynamics of social collective behaviors.
Particular attention will be devoted, but not limited to, the following topics:
– Group formation, evolution and group behavior analysis.
– Modeling, tracking and forecasting dynamic groups in social media.
– Community detection and dynamic community structure analysis.
– Social simulation, cultural, opinion, and normative dynamics.
– Empirical calibration and validation of agent-based social models.
– Models of social capital, collective action, social movements.
– Coevolution of network and behavior.
Participants are invited to submit their contributions via the EasyChair system
at the following link: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=covenant2013
Contributions must be at most 2 pages long, and must provide the following
information: title, list of authors with affiliations, and abstract. Accepted
format is PDF only.
More information, about selection, registration, etc., can be found here:
May 17, 2013
Abstract submission deadline
June 19, 2013
Notification of acceptance
September 19, 2013
In order to encourage the development of predictive, data-driven models of
collective phenomena, a link prediction competition will be held as part of
the meeting. Monetary prizes will be awarded to the best contributions,
which will be evaluated according to rigorous scientific criteria by the
program committee of the event. 1st prize: US$800, 2nd prize: US$200.
Further information (task, data set, dates) to be released soon.